Friday, January 12, 2007

I did it ...


Zach & Miles - guess they're getting ready to play a computer game.

... yes, I finally did it ... took my Christmas decorations down last night and it only took me until January 11 to do it! That's gotta be a record for me the past few years. It sure feels good though to get that job done. It's fun putting them up but taking them down in my opinion is a real chore. Maybe partly because it's a reminder that Christmas is over. The anticipation and excitement of the season is gone for another year. Now I need to find somebody to put the boxes up on those high ol' shelves in the closet.


I took today off from work. I have some paperwork to do that I can't seem to get done on the weekends or in the evenings so hopefully I'll get it done today. And of course since we're off for Martin Luther King Day on Monday, I get another four day weekend :-) ... the last holiday until May for we state employees.


Last night Shirley F. and I went to dinner at Annie's. I had an awesome BLT. They really pile on the bacon there! Ran into Pat (the boss from work) there. She was going to have dinner with her sister and brother-in-law. She was asking me what my new glasses were going to look like and I told her about the purple and she gave me a really hard time because that is a K-State color and she is a die-hard red/blue KU fan! She got a kick out of teasing me about that but, of course, when I picked out the color, the college color thing was the furthest thing from my mind. I just like purple.


I haven't looked outside yet but Jack told me it's snowing. That has been in the forecast but I never believe the weathermen until I actually see it for myself... well, I guess I haven't physically "seen" the snow yet, I can only assume that Jack is telling me the truth and why would he lie about that! Hope it won't get too bad out there this weekend.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
Mom of 2, Grandma of 5, easy-going, great sense of humor

Blog Archive