Saturday, January 27, 2007

New name ...

The other day I was showing Nathan & Anthony some photos of their mom when she was a little girl. There was one of Juli, Lori & me when Juli was about 6. My hair was curly and thick and a whole lot darker than it is now. When Anthony saw the photo he said, "that fat lady is ugly!" Well, I just had to laugh.... not that I was thrilled by the comment, but it was so funny the way he said it. I don't think he knew it was me. I was telling Sue about it on the phone and we got a good chuckle out of it and one thing led to another & somehow started talking about "chubby little ol' grandmas" ... light bulb moment ... !!! That would be a good new name for my blog ... "CLOG!" Hadn't planned on changing the name but I like it. I can't seem to decide on the template & layout I want to use so it will probably be changed all the time. Oh well, guess it doesn't matter. And fickle ol' me, I may even change the name from time to time.
Tonight was the retirement dinner for Pastor Paul after 20 years of service to MCC. It was a really nice evening. I sat with some people I didn't really know but enjoyed myself. Tomorrow will be his last day preaching.
Speaking of Anthony's little comment reminds me of another family member's comment a week ago while at Coyote Canyon! Juli, her kids & I went there to eat. I waited for all of them to get their food then I went up. As I was leaving the table, I heard Juli tell the boys "It's amazing how fast Grandma can walk when she's after food!!" Anthony likes to bring that up every so often too, just as I'm sure, he will with that picture again. I get no respect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of something clogged...did you ever tell your family about your mysterious missing bracelet?

TC

About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
Mom of 2, Grandma of 5, easy-going, great sense of humor

Blog Archive